making plans

Always a dangerous thing but we have to do this.

I had an OB appointment today. Our doctor was nice enough to read the letter that they sent to her from Philly. We got another missing piece of info… Gabriel’s heart is perfectly normal! YAY! In my mind this makes the chances for a live birth much much greater.

The plan from here is for Brian and me to talk and decide when we want to schedule the c-section. Dr. M is going to check with the hospital to see how early we can deliver – even if we decide we want to wait until 39 weeks – just so she knows. Then we will work on our birth plan so that we can be sure that all of the care team is aware of our wishes. It’s hard for me to grasp that only 8-10 weeks from now we will be meeting our baby boy. And we quite possibly could be saying goodbye.

So, that’s where we stand today. Please pray for us as we face these decisions. Pray for clarity and guidance on the timing and the plan. Pray for our hearts and minds and that we would not lose hope. And PLEASE continue to pray for a miracle of healing.


  1. Praise God for the good news about his heart! We will be praying for your decisions. I know they won’t be easy to make. I will always be praying for God’s miracle, but also that if it’s His will for Gabe to meet Him that day I will be praying for some precious hours for him to stay here and be loved on by you all.

Speak Your Mind